We have begun the garage makeover, starting with the floor.
This is what it looked like after the Capt. got done pressure washing it.
Because this is a cement floor that was painted, more than once, we had to use several different products to get a good end results.
The first step was to paint the entire floor with Lockdown Bonding Primer and after that dries for at least 4 hours, we then painted on the Epoxy Seal concrete paint.
Because of bad weather, we did not want to leave all of our stuff outside, so we decided to do one half at at time.
We put the bonding primer and paint on 3/4 of the floor this weekend. It is supposed to dry for 24 hours before walking on it and 5 days before putting anything heavy on it or parking a vehicle on it.
So, after letting it sit a few days, I finally did the other 1/3 of the floor yesterday.
I was so excited about how it was looking.
But then, when I went into the garage this morning to admire the nice clean floor, I noticed that it didn’t look as good as I thought it would.
There was a definite line where we left off from painting the first day and where I joined up to yesterday.
Also, the other side of the floor looked shinier than the newly painted section.
At first I thought that it just needed to cure longer but upon further investigation, I realized that we had bought 2 different paints. The one that we had used first was a satin finish and apparently the second one wasn’t.
Luckily, we have enough paint left over, and the weather is improving, so I am just going to empty out the garage and roll the whole thing again.
Let’s pray that this works !